Saturday, February 20, 2016

Decisions

Exactly 18 years ago, I was three months old.  I had my whole life to do everything perfect, but choice by choice, whether it be good is bad, has gotten me to today.  I can proudly say I've made bad decisions, but I've also made good ones.  I know I will make more bad decisions, and that's a part of life.  Everyone has to make decisions. 
  Last night, I made the decision to tell my ex that I was stupid for coming 1000 miles away from my home in thought that I could win him back.  It was awkward, I started crying.  I had to run to the bathroom to calm down.  But something really good came out if it.  We walked from a gas station to my hotel, just talking about his feeling and mine.  I told him a big secret that I haven't told anyone and probably won't ever tell anyone again.  But he helped me work through it, and now I can look at him as not my ex that I want back, but my best friend. My feelings for him weakened. I can now look at him without getting nervous, or getting butterflies in my stomach every time I hear his voice.  I won't promise him or anyone it will stay this way, but right now, I can be myself around him.  And that's all I've wanted for 2 years.
  So all this to say, make the bad decisions, because sometimes, it might be the best thing you've ever done.  It might turn out completely different than you expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment